Hippocampal Neuronal Morphology
There are two components to the archive:
- the current list of cells themselves in various formats, including pictures.
morphology viewer/editor written in java for converting between file formats and and headers and to validate contributed cells. It can be used to check that all the branches are connected and to correct any such deficiencies before submission. Because it is written in java it should run easily on almost any platform - see the download page for details.
Morphology editor - cvappOne tool does everything - download it here.
Usage instrictions are included with the viewer. Briefly, its main features are:
- Reading files in its own (swc) or neurolucida format, locally or from a web site.
- saving structures for use in the neuron or genesis modelling packages.
- Tracing branches out from any given point to check connections
- checking for loops
- Adding, removing, joining points
- Shifting whole branches
- Four viewing styles:
(not all of these allow all the editing functions)
- Filled cylinders
- Skeleton in red-green stereo
- Areas in red-green stereo
- Three mouse driven panning-zooming-rotating methods
- Section labelling - soma, axon, dendrites.
- Header creation for contributor, published reference, contact details, further info etc.
- Shrinkage correction
home | archive | download cell editor | using the editor